About StartboostStartBoost along with Fasilitor are the foundation products of the Aptus Premium Collection range. Aptus StartBoost is comprised of humic acid derived from leonardite, a natural source of humic acid mined from the Earth.
Humic acid is filled with long-chain carbon-based molecules that have an affinity for chelating elements from the soil; as such it may increase the uptake of micronutrients.
When feeding with Aptus Plant Tech products, StartBoost is the primary additive used throughout the vegetative phase of growth and into the first week of flowering. After week 1 of flowering, StartBoost is not to be used.
Why use Startboost?
- Powerful stimulator of tissue formation through organic nitrogen provided by protein hydrolysate
- Natural chelator of elements present in the planting medium
- Provider of organic nitrogen in the form of amino acids resulting from enzymatic digestion of natural materials
- Beneficial agent for propagation of seeds and cuttings
Directions for use:
- Use for the entire vegetative phase of growth and week 1 of flowering at the rate of 1ml per gallon
- Use alone at the rate of 1ml per liter for a dedicated seedling or rooted clone drench
- Dilute at the rate of 1:100 or 10ml per liter for a root dip solution for transplanting rooted cuttings.
Tips From the Field
- Begin feeding with StartBoost (plus FaSilitor) as soon as your plants develop initial roots and leaves. Continue feeding throughout the entire vegetative phase
- Use a 1:1000 dilution to feed new clones or starts from seeds (1 ml per litre). This is effective as a pre-soak for cloning or seed starting medium.
- During transplanting, dip the roots of the plants directly in a 1:100 mixture (10 ml per litre).
- Do not keep StartBoost in your reservoir for more than 2-3 days in order to avoid organic biofilm buildup and blockage of irrigation drip lines.